- Don’t use too much soap! Most people use way more soap than needed leaving residue in clothing and lowering the efficiency of the washing machine.
- Don’t overstuff the machine. Wash full loads but you don’t want to fill so much that your clothes wont get clean. A good rule of thumb is about 3/4 of the way to the top of the drum.
- Pre-sort your loads. Pre-sorting before leaving the house saves you precious time.
- Do your laundry at an off time. Doing your laundry at a time when the laundromat is less busy will allow you to get more loads done at a time saving you time in the end. Neighborhood Laundromats are open 24/7 so anytime can fit your busy schedule.
- Treat stains properly. Here is a link for some helpful Stain removal tips. American Cleaning Institute